Welcome to the Communications Department
A truly accountable and strategic public relations program is planned, transparent, two-way, based on research, honest, and ethical.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the community by connecting with students, parents, business, government and citizens is the service of Public Relations. The Communication department serves to build positive relationships that support the vision, mission and goals of the Bladen County School System.
- Proactively telling the district story by serving as the primary source of information.
- Recognizing the extraordinary employees and students that are constantly displaying wonderful acts of community service, and achieving and/or exceeding academic success.
- Promoting events, issues and objectives of the Bladen County School System and disseminate information to all forms of media.
How We Communicate...
- Informed Educator, an electronic and print-newsletter, highlighting the BCSS success stories. System-wide distribution to employees and community members.
- Website News Blogs, current news stories published on the school system website front page and archived on our department web page.
- Week in Photos, a compliation of classroom activities and school event photos.
- Notify Me, a notification service sent in email or text form where parents, employees and community members can sign up to receive school system electronic messages, announcements and events.
- Annual Reports, an annual publication reporting the school system's budget reports, strategic plan, academic achievement, overall facts, and future outlook.
Support Your Schools...
- If you are a BCSS employee, student, parent, grandparent or a community member and would like to be involved in promoting your school... we would like to share your news. Contact Valerie Newton for details.